Thursday, June 30, 2016

My ColourPop MatteX Lippie Obsession!


Dearest Colourpop, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!?!!? I am so sorry it has taken this long to acknowledge your existence but, I love you and I want you in my life forever!

I think it's fairly obvious that I have fallen into a complete, obsessive love with Colourpop. As usual, I'm late to the game but, in the immortal words of Queen Clarisse Renaldi "A Queen is never late. Everyone else is simply early."

I mean OF COURSE I'd heard of the brand. All of the beauty gurus are OBSESSED but I guess... I... I don't know, I can't think up an excuse. Anywho, this all started when I was looking for the perfect dark brown liquid lippie for the The 1975 concert in May. I was between Dose of Colors' Chocolate Wasted ($18) and Too Faced's new Melted Matte in Naughty By Nature ($21) when Becca swooped in and saved my life. She told me that I should consider Limbo by Colourpop ($6), sent me a photo of her wearing it and I NEVER LOOKED BACK!  I ordered Limbo, Kapow, and Petit Four (which is almost a dupe for Halsey's lipstick with MAC but that's a tale for another day.)

Which brings me to the present. When I watched Kathleen Lights review the newly launched MatteX lippie stix, I knew right then and there, I needed them in my life! So during the birthday promotion I ordered my first one, "Back Up" . Then very shortly afterwards, I ordered six more... Three for me and three "for my mother."


First I need to talk about the free eyeshadow that came with my purchase! Since I ordered during the Colourpop birthday promotion, I also received a limited edition eyeshadow called "Birthday Boy"
I. Am. SO IN LOVE! First of all, the formula is GORGEOUS. This is the softest, creamiest, fluffiest product I've EVER put on my skin!! And THE COLOR!! A beautiful champagne-y gold with purple shimmer throughout! I wish this wasn't a limited edition product because now i'm afraid to actually use it even though it is ALL that I want on my eyes at the moment!




Now... on to the lippies!

Like I said, the first one I ordered was "Back Up" which is a bright plum. It is a bit out of my comfort zone but I do think it's a perfect bright for summer. "Cami" is a really pretty, neutral, mauve-y pink. I think it's my favorite of the lot. It's an amazing everyday shade especially now that it's summer. You don't want to do too much. At the moment I'm REALLY into brown lips. Dark browns and more grungy browns. "Pillow Talk" (no I didn't just buy it because of the song) is definitely a 90s grunge greige. I'm not always sure if I can pull it off but I feel really cool when I wear it. Then there's "Hollywood Blvd" which is on the darker end of the spectrum. It is a warmer brown than "Limbo" with a yellow undertone and I'm low-key obsessed!  "For my mother"... I quote because, let's be real, they're for ME... we ordered some reds. The first one being "Love Life" which is a gorgeous brick red that screams "PAIR ME WITH A LEATHER JACKET"! "Bootie" is a bright orange red that is a bit intimidating but great for summer. As is "Jenneration X" a red orange (yes there is a difference) which is a collab with Jenn Im or ClothesEncounters on the Tube. I've been watching her videos for a while and I think she did a great job with these products.



I am so impressed with these lippie stix! I mean, I didn't expect otherwise but still. The pigmentation is BEAUTIFUL! They go on smoothly and fully with one swipe! The product sits nicely on the lips, they're not too thick. They are INCREDIBLY MATTE but because they are made with Vitamin E as well as Shea and Avacado butters, they are not AT ALL drying or cracking! These babies are a lipstick lover's DREAM!!!


From Left to Right: Bootie. Jenneration X, Love Life, Back Up, Cami, Pillow Talk, Hollywood Blvd.


From Left to Right: Cami, Pillow Talk, Hollywood Blvd, Back Up, Bootie, Love Life, Jenneration X

The thing I will never get over with Colourpop is how high quality their products are for a price that won't leave me in a puddle of broke girl tears on the ground. Each lippie stix is $5. If you are like me and avoiding the bandwagon, it is time to JUMP ON my friends! Colourpop is EVERYTHING!

I can't wait for my Metallic lippies to come !

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment