Tuesday, October 13, 2015

WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME THAT THERE IS A CARLO'S IN PHILLY?!??

I have been a fan of Cake Boss for AGES! I tell everyone that when I get married, I want Buddy to make my cake... yes, even without ever tasting anything that he's made. I've been planning to take a trip to Carlo's in Hoboken but I never seem to be able to get there!
For the past few months, my mother and I have been riding by a bakery in Center City and saying that we need to go in. I never really focused on said bakery, I was just game because bakeries and baked goods are MY LIFE!! You can imagine how stoked I was when we finally got off the bus to go in and I realized that THERE IS NOW A CARLO'S BAKERY IN PHILADELPHIA!
Guys, I AM IN LOVE!!!!!




The first time I went in I had the HARDEST time deciding what to try first!  Luckily I was with my mom so we each got something and nibbled from each other's plates. 
My mother got an apple turnover
I splurged a little and got not only a cupcake, but my FIRST EVER cannoli!
 Now Oreo cupcakes are my personal favorite to bake and when I saw Oreo cupcakes in the display case, I may have gotten a little TOO excited! The cake itself was GLORIOUS! It was a rich chocolate ... I just wish there were actual Oreos throughout and not just in the icing! I didn't particularly love the frosting but I think that's just a personal preference. I don't really like whipped cream frosting. 
As for the cannoli.... HOW have I never had one before?!?!?
 The filling was sooo creamy and sweet and just HEAVENLY! I feel like I've been missing out!!



These are honestly some of the prettiest wedding cakes I have ever seen! Whoever these were for are SO LUCKY!!...  I've never even thought of a chalkboard cake, but now I'M OBSESSED!!

If you get the chance, definitely stop in to Carlo's! I can't wait to go back!!

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment