Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day.......???

Apparently today is Father's day.

Right.... okay then......

Well in that case, I'd like to wish a Happy Father's Day to my mother-

"Amber WTF are you talking about? And how did you not know that it was Father's Day?"

Well my little nuggets, I don't really keep track of this day. Nor have I ever really celebrated it. You see, my Dad died just before my fifth birthday. I don't remember having a father so I don't really have a reason to celebrate.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying this from a "pity me" stand point. I don't need pity. I don't really feel like I've missed out on anything. My mom has done quite the job of being both parents for the last 20 years. She has worked hard to provide me with anything that I might need. She has surrounded me with people to fill any sort of void that I might ever feel. She has also taught me how to be a decent human, how to be independent as well as anything that a father is "supposed" to teach their daughters. YAY MOMMY!




I hope you didn't read that with any sort of bitterness... there was no bitterness. I've read a few articles lately about people/girls raised without a father... I've never really related to any of that. I don't feel abandoned or rejected. I don't really feel like I'm missing anything or have a part of me that's missing.  Maybe that's just me. I can't feel that way though because my Dad didn't CHOOSE to leave me. My mom always reminds me that he ALWAYS wanted me, that he ALWAYS provided for me and that he ALWAYS loved me.

So maybe I should celebrate that huh??

Anywho... I hope you all are having a great Father's Day and that you're celebrating. Whether it's with your Father, Mother, Uncle, or Brother... whoever is most important in your life





xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment